parts of speech
Paraphrasing Intermediate evel
Word formation exercise (1)
PREFIXES - un / dis / im / ir / un + KEY
Word-formation: English suffixes (nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs)
PARTS OF SPEECH
Parts of speech 1 - nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives *Greyscale and KEY included*
Word formation exercise (2)
There will be a few changes around in the office.
The boss announced that
in the office.
2) They will have to take a taxi to get there in time. (need)
3) You ought to write to your parents more often. (better)
4) You weren't careful, so you made so many mistakes (had)
so many mistakes.
5) You shouldn't listen to anything she says.
anything she says.
6)I am almost sure there was a party at the neighbors' last night. (must)
7) Do you have any plans for tomorrow?
8) He seems well-educated, however he's not very bright. (Although)
9) He drank a cup of tea. He felt dizzy afterwards.
10) He doesn't write to me as frequently as I wanted.
11) They broke into a warehouse last night. (was)
12) I was not paying attention to the screen so I accidentally deleted some important file on my computer. (Because)
13) I am so sorry I broke your favourite cup.
14) "I don't have enough time", he complained.
15) It was Mary who stole money.
16) "I completely forgot!" he admitted.
17) The new manager seems to be a very capable woman. I met her last week (who)
The new manager
a very capable woman.
18) They repaired my watch last week. (Had)
19) Susan has less energy than Mia. (as)
20) Peter has more cars than Joe. (as)