1. by women, is unladylike in Russia.
2. In India, it is rude ï¿½any comment about a womanï¿½s appearance unlessï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ she is a very close relative.
3.ï¿½ï¿½the "thumbs up" is considered an offensive insult. It is theï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ same as giving someone "the finger" in the West.
4. hands is an important business ritual throughout Europe and Britain.
5. In Indonesia, it isï¿½not acceptableï¿½ï¿½before you are asked to by yourï¿½
6. ï¿½is often seen as a foreign custom in New Zealand.
7. It's bad manners ï¿½your shoes before you enter someone'sï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½home in Japan.
8. In Taiwan,it is acceptable ï¿½on the table. Itï¿½s seen as a compliment toï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ the chef and a sign that youï¿½have eaten well and enjoyed your meal.
9.ï¿½ In most Arab countries, the left hand is considered unclean, and it isï¿½
ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ extremely rude it for a handshake or to wave a greeting.
10.In India, it is considered a disrespect to the hostï¿½ï¿½food on plate
II.Watch the video and complete the sentences below.Then write T for true or F for false next to each statement.
1. Americans don't even ï¿½they are making insults all the time withoutï¿½ï¿½ï¿½conscious of it.
2. ï¿½the bottom of your shoes directly at someone as you ï¿½your legs, is considered offensive throughout the Muslim world.
3. ï¿½your legs in the U.S.A means that I want to curse the person Iï¿½m pointing the bottom ofï¿½the shoes at.
4. When Americans do the two-handed handshake they want ï¿½ how much they appreciate meeting that person.
5. Americans their chances of doing business in the Muslim world when they do the two-handed handshake.
6. In the Muslim world, itï¿½s OKï¿½ï¿½the left hand to shake someoneï¿½s hand.