People & Relationships
You are going to make up a love story but first you will have to:
a) Revise some nouns used to talk about different types of people.
b) Revise some verbs which are used to talk about relationships.
c) Investigate what happened to the characters in a love story.
d) Summarize Charles and Diana's love story.
Nouns: Types of people
1. These are some names given to different types of people according to their personality. Complete the definitions with the appropriate noun.
Bully / Loner / Romantic / Eccentric / Hypocrite / Joker / Bighead / Liar / Genius / Geek / Bore / Flirt
· A is someone who likes to spend a lot of time alone.
· A is someone who behaves as if he or she is attracted to someone.
· A is an enthusiast or expert especially in a technological field or activity.
· A is a person who thinks that they are more important or more clever than they really are.
· A is someone who likes to frighten weaker people.
· A a person who is not very interesting to be with.
· An is someone who behaves in an eccentric way.
· A a person who tells lies.
· A is a person who thinks a lot about love and does and says things that show strong feelings of love for someone.
· A is a person who has natural ability or skill, especially in a particular area such as science or art.
· A is someone who often tells jokes.
· A is someone who says they have particular moral beliefs but behaves in way which shows these are not sincere.
Verbs : A love story
2. This could happen in a love story. Write the correct verb under each picture.
With / On / Out / To
4. You have to visit this website to answer the following questions about a famous couple.
When did Prince Charles meet Diana Spencer for the first time?
Where did they marry?
- At , in
Who did Prince Charles begin an affair with?
- he began an affair with
When was the separation of Prince Charles and Diana announced?
Where did Prince Charles admit to adultery?
- In a televised
Who said "there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded"?
5. Fill in the gaps with the following verbs to tell Charles and Diana’s love story. Use the correct tense.
Cheat on / Split up / Meet / Go out / Fall in love / Get married / have and argument
1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6.
. This is the end...
6. Now, tell us a love story. Every member of the group will have to write some lines of a poem / rap to make up the story. Use the vocabulary revised in this unit.